#TranslatingEurope Forum 2015
The #TranslatingEurope Forum 2015 will be "all about youth": it will offer young people a platform from which to share ideas, projects, experiences and innovative approaches in all areas related to translation.
Designed as a networking event for students and graduates, young translators, mentors and professionals, it will bring together young entrepreneurs, current and future trainees, providers of traineeships and major employers in the translation industry. It will describe the journey to young professional with testimonies from young people who have made this journey and from more experienced players in the language industry.
The programme includes a variety of workshops, plenary debates, poster presentations and CV clinics. Delegates will also be able to visit information stands throughout the two days. Confirmed participants include Valeria Aliperta, Xosé Castro Roig, Joy Ogeh-Hutfield and Marta Stelmaszak.
The forum is designed to:
• showcase effective career strategies, by presenting young people who have been successful in the translation industry;
• display innovative training methods and projects in the field of translation;
• put young translators in touch with potential employers and other useful contacts in the language industry;
• present projects developed by promising young arrivals in the language industry;
• provide tips on how to promote oneself as a translator, including using social media.
More information about the Forum, including a provisional program, will be published soon on the Translating Europe Forum website. The conference will also be available online for the general public through web streaming.
We would ask you to register, by 30 September 2015, using the following link:
Please use another browser in case Internet Explorer gives no access to the registration page (IE version 9 is needed with "compatibility view" enabled).
For any further information please contact us via e-mail:
Datum und Zeit
29.10.2015 – 30.10.2015