International Terminology Summer School
You can now register for the International Terminology Summer School (TSS 2015) that will take place in Cologne, Germany, from 13th to 17th July 2015.
TSS is a practice-oriented 5-day training course on terminology management. It addresses language professionals (translators, terminologists, localization experts, etc.), students and scientists who look for a comprehensive, state-of-the-art introduction to terminology theory and practice.
Reserve your place at the TSS 2015 today. You may register until early June 2015. However, places are limited, so we advise you wait not too long: www.termnet.org/english/events/tss_2015/index.php
UNDERSTANDING TERMINOLOGY MANAGEMENT
• Introduction to Terminology Work
• Applied Principles of Terminology Work
• Retrieving and Validating Relevant Online Information for Terminology Work
TERMINOLOGY MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• Data Modelling: Data Categories for Terminology Management
• Creating a Terminology Database
• Terminology Tools - A closer look at Terminology Management Systems
• Terminology Workflows and Interfaces
TERMINOLOGY STRATEGIES FOR BUSINESS PROCESSES
• Three "P"s in Terminology Management: Project, Product, Process
• Case Studies: Terminology and Technical Documentation
• Case Studies: Legal Translation and Terminology
STANDARDS AND LEGAL ISSUES FOR TERMINOLOGY WORK
• Terminology Work for Literary Translation
• Terminology and other Knowledge Organization Systems
• Standards for Terminology Work
• Copyright Issues for Terminology Management
International renowned experts in terminology and terminology management will cover the TSS topics but also take time to help participants with the most individual questions and problems during the whole week.
ECQA CERTIFICATION FOR TERMINOLOGY MANAGERS:
The TSS2015 program was developed in cooperation with the ECQA initiative and this allows TSS2015 participants to obtain the ECQA Certificate for Terminology Managers by taking the official ECQA exam for the job title of Certified Terminology Manager - Basic or Certified Terminology Manager - Advanced.
SOCIAL NETWORKING AND SIDE EVENTS:
TSS gives the participants the opportunity to network and discuss in a relaxed and resourceful environment with peers and colleagues during the side events planned for this purpose. Enjoy the Terminology Breakfasts every morning before classes, participate in the "Get to know each other" Event on Monday after the first day of classes. Meet your colleagues in the different "after school" events during the week.
You can find all information about TSS2015 at: www.termnet.org/english/events/tss_2015/index.php
Datum und Zeit
13.07.2015, 08:00 – 17.07.2015, 15:00